Wandernarbeitsfrühstück: Adulting with Brunch
The days are getting shorter, wool is being pulled off top shelves, and the season of hiding out in a cave of blankets with House of Cards marathons is approaching. Fight the winter blues & isolation while still getting work done! It’s Wandernarbeitsfrühstück (pronounced “wan-dern-arr-bytes-frew-stuck”), or poorly translated as “Adulting with Brunch”, a semi-monthly winter event series that rotates locations. There are three components:
- An optional 5K casual conversation-paced run
- Vegan Brunch
- Co-working, likely optionally in the style of Pomodoro Poker*
The first Wandernarbeitsfrühstück will be on Sunday, November 2nd, in the Kerns neighborhood. Run at 10AM, followed by brunch at 11:30AM. Please note that daylight savings time ends that day, so you’ll get an extra hour of sleep first!
If you’re interested in being one of the host locations (with assistance on cooking/run planning), please let me know. I’m hoping to rotate through all the quadrants!
*Here’s how Pomodoro Poker works based on the description of Daniel Reeves: 1. Everyone antes a dollar
2. We each write down a task on the whiteboard
3. Start a 45-minute timer
4. Cross off your task as soon as it’s done
5. The *last* person done (without going over, ie, price-is-right style) wins the pot
6. Repeat every hour