The past few months I haven’t been posting the full month reports up on here with the full breakdowns, just because I’ve been too busy to remember what the heck I actually did at the end of the month. So here’s a fast post.
This month what happened? Portland continued to be too hot because climate change.
It was my first month writing for Slate’s Pay Dirt financial Advice column. My columns come out on Mondays.
I also did a 3-week class series at Open Signal, getting volunteer certified on the Big Television Studio. I’m hoping to produce another show there (my first was in 2017, and I haven’t done one yet). I’m certified for editing and have taught their audio workshops before, but I am excited to possibly help on other shows.
I also got my first-ever youtube paycheck, after almost 17 years on the platform and 10 months monetized. A whole $111.00. Get rich on youtube, slowly, lol!
Also, foundation got poured and framing began on the the triplex. It’s actually happening now!
Other than that, I’m back to three jobs and very busy for the moment. I made a lot of money this month, but since my earnings were so slow the first half of the year, it’s just making up the hole in my budget!
Full September 2022 Spending Report
Total Spent: $1,506.64
On track! 58% of my total annual budget at 75% of the way through the year.
Household & Insurance – $745.81
- Rent: $655
- Water, Commons, Garbage, Sewer: $32.50
- Trash: $7.50
- Electricity: $41.98
- Household Items (detergent, TP, toothpaste, razors, etc): $8.83
- Transit/Bike: $0
- Internet at Home: $0 This is now paid for by SSO’s employer due to being remote employee, was $20 per month.
Basic Food – $204.02
I am so freaking sick of grocery inflation 😭
- Basic Groceries: $168.42
- Treats (non-essential snacks): $23.12
- Coffee/Tea For Home: $12.48
Extra Food & Drink – $46.00
- Restaurants: $39.50 Spendy month for me – I actually got take-out from the neighborhood pizza place a few times, didn’t want to cook, probably because of too many jobs right now.
- Coffee Out $6.50 – Friend in town coffee date!
Health/Fitness – $0
My health insurance premium is now covered under my SO’s employer plan and comes out of their paycheck. It comes to $110 per month pre-tax, but we settle up at tax time.
Figure Skating $233.00
- Coaching: $40 One Private Lesson.
- Ice Time: $193 Freestyle sessions + 2 months of Class (including Halloween Show rehearsal)
Indulgences – $221.91
- Clothes: $216.62 I got a bunch of clothes I was putting off, partially because the exchange rates are so advantageous right now for USD
- Spending Money: $5.29
- Gifts/Mutual Aid: $55.90
Retirement savings: $433.19
Cash savings: $2,161.06
YTD Total Savings: $3,601/$10,000
(36% Total of goal at 75% of the way through the year)